Friday, July 8

hamimi, made by hand in morocco

a couple of weeks back i visited south bank & whilst parking i came across hamimi...a 'pop up shop' that closed last sunday...don't worry though you have not missed this wonderful shop full of moroccan treasures as they will be opening a permanent store at the end of august at 895 stanley street, east brisbane.  i met alex who runs the store...he told me his interior designer & artist sister lives in morocco...she has a fabulous eye for colour, design & style...check out her tables she has designed with tile tops - absolutely gorgeous & timeless!  i love everything the shop had!  if it wasn't for my pending move to melbourne i would have wanted to have one of everything!  i am still day dreaming about the rugs!  contact alex in the meantime if you see anything that you must have before their permanent store opens alex@hamimi.com.au

10 comments:

john@heneedsfood said...

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Moroccan bits and pieces. Georgeous stuff, esp that woven pendant lamp

I so hungry, Ann! said...

that is really nice decor

Susan said...

Hi
Love all your blogs especially the ones with recipes. Made the Apple and Date cake for a bbq of 30 family and friends. Huge success.

I was wondering if I could get the "Baked cheesecake with drunken muscatels & cream"
Thanks heaps - love all the beautiful pics
Cheers
Susan

Lindsey @ Gluten-Free Lindsey said...

I'm so happy I came across your blog.. I love it! Your photos are beautiful!! :)

OnePerfectDay said...

Love your pictures!
Love your blog!
I'm followig....

kankana said...

Such gorgeous photos.. i love that glass collection .. i immediately thought what amazing prop it will be :)

kankana said...

Such gorgeous photos.. i love that glass collection .. i immediately thought what amazing prop it will be :)

Unknown said...

it's a shop not to be missed! lovely post as always dayle... xxx

shipbuilding said...

Did you say 'pending move to Melbourne'? You mean to tell me one day, I won't have to be jealous anymore when you feature wonderful looking places that I can't just pop in and try because I live in Melbourne and not Brisbane? Hooray!

greenbeenfood said...

I did say pending move...we will be there living by late August! I am going to have sooo much fun in Melbourne!