Thursday, June 9

ricotta & white choc rum raisin torte

 
my dessert making friend, adrienne, made this delicious karen martini torte at one of our recent long lazy afternoon gatherings.  it was really delicious...not too sweet, not too rich...just perfect!  i tweeted karen martini for the recipe & she was super quick to respond with the delicious details...enjoy!

ricotta & white chocolate rum raisin torte
this sophisticated cheesecake is of spanish origin & is neither too heavy nor too sweet
tip...do not refrigerate, serve at room temp, will last 2 days, serves 8
ingredients - butter, for greasing, 100g (31/2 oz) freshly made white breadcrumbs, 160gms white chocolate roughly chopped, 100g honey, plus 3–4 tablespoons for glazing, 600g ricotta, 55g castor (superfine) sugar, 5 large free-range eggs, 200g thick plain yoghurt, 350g mascarpone, 1 lemon, zest finely grated, 55g of raisons soaked in heated dark rum, 50mls dark rum, thickened or whipped cream, to serve
prepare - preheat the oven (convection, not fan-forced) to 170°C (350°F).  grease the sides & base of a 26cm (101/2 inch) spring-form tin with butter & line with breadcrumbs.  process the ricotta & sugar in a large food processor until smooth.  add the eggs, one at a time, processing briefly after each addition.  add the honey, yoghurt, mascarpone & lemon zest.  process until smooth, then add half the raisins & pulse once.  pour the mixture into the tin, sprinkle with the white chocolate & the rest of the raisins & mix by swirling with a skewer.  bake for 1 1/4 hours or until cooked.  cool to room temperature.  warm the extra honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, then smooth over the tart to glaze.  dust with icing sugar & serve warm with cream.

8 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

I just love the sound of this recipe and your photos are stunning too as usual.

I always leave hungry when I visit here.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

yummy supper said...

Dayle,
So decadent! I love it.
-Erin

Pinecone Camp said...

Oh my Lord, that looks crazy good!

Anonymous said...

I am not a massive fan of dessert as you know but that does look amazing...K

The Decorator said...

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt looks so ready to 'dive into decadence!'

I am so going to make this one and you've gotta love Karen Martini!

How wonderful!!!!!!

The Decorator said...

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt looks so ready to 'dive into decadence!'

I am so going to make this one and you've gotta love Karen Martini!

How wonderful!!!!!!

greenbeenfood said...

the cake is great & yes karen martini is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

What's up, this weekend is pleasant designed for me, since this point in time i am reading this fantastic educational piece of writing here at my residence.

my site - diets that work fast for women