if you know brisbane then you might know the powerhouse museum.....you also might know bar alto inside the powerhouse museum. over the years i have enjoyed long lunches & long dinners @ alto but one thing that always stands out is their fried zucchini chips.....actually the entire foyer of the powerhouse smells of bar alto's fried zucchini chips.
i tried making them over the weekend & they were delicious....we ate the entire bowl with grilled sirloin steak & rocket salad.
fried zucchini chips
* mandolin or slice very thin approx 4 zucchini
* in a med plastic bag add several tablespoons of corn flour & flaked sea salt along with the sliced zucchini
* tie the bag & shake shake shake until all is coated in the flour & salt
* high heat approx 500ml of canola oil & fry the zucchini in small batches until golden brown
* strain & leave to rest on paper towel whilst cooking the remaining zucchini
* note: the oil will become rather messy by the end but the result will be delicious